Wax Warmer Kits
links we like
how to reach us
GiGi Brazilian Hard Wax Usage
GiGi Brazilian Body Hard Wax is formulated for thorough bikini waxing while
being gentle enough for facial application. Hard wax is gentler to your
client's skin than Soft Wax when you are waxing sensitive areas. It adheres
only to hair, not to skin. This makes Brazilian Body Hard Wax gentle for
sensitive areas while providing for the removal of even the coarsest hair. An
additional benefit is the lack of the sticky residue that can occur with Soft
There are several key points to remember when using Brazilian Body Hard Wax,
especially if you are primarily a Soft Wax user.
- - Hard wax is gentler to your client's skin than Soft Wax when you are waxing
sensitive areas, such as the face and the bikini area.
- - Maintaining the proper wax temperature is important for a successful result.
The wax should form a soft ball on the end of the applicator Until you become
familiar with the proper consistency for Brazilian Body Hard Wax, a good guide
is to heat the wax in a professional pot wax warmer for 15 to 30 minutes on the
HIGH setting until the center is not completely melted. At this point, the wax
along the exterior of the can should be the appropriate temperature and
consistency for waxing. Set and maintain the warmer temperature setting to LOW.
- -The application should be thicker than with a Soft Wax. The Hard Wax should be
even all the way around the edges, extending beyond the hair growth area.
- - Apply the initial layer of wax in the direction of hair growth. Spread the
wax rapidly without placing a large quantity of wax on a single area. This
allows for the heat to be distributed evenly, creating more comfort for your
- - Beginners should apply only one strip at a time. After you have mastered the
technique, apply as many strips of wax as you are comfortable with at one time,
allowing the wax to set.
- -Check the surface of the wax strip for tackiness. If the strip is not ready,
put it back down and wait a few second until fully set.
- - The wax surface dulls as it sets. When removing the wax strip, stretch the
skin taut and hold firmly. Flick the edge of the strip and remove in the
opposite direction of hair growth.
- - If the wax breaks or is brittle, then the application was too thin, it was
allowed to set too long or the room temperature is too cool.
- -Cleanse the area to be waxed with GiGi Pre-Hon Pre-Epilation Cleansing Lotion,
applied with a soft, disposable towel.
- - Apply a light layer of GiGi Pre Epilating Oil to waxing area. It is very
important not to apply too much oil or it will interfere with the ability of
the wax to adhere to the hair.
- - When you have completed waxing, apply GiGi Post Epilation Lotion to soothe
and remove excess wax.
Before you begin Brazilian Waxing, make sure you have the following items:
- - A private room with a padded table. Unlike a traditional bikini waxing
service, your client may remove all clothing from the waist down. Your client
will be exposed during the service, so privacy is crucial.
- - GiGi Brazilian Body Hard Wax heated in a professional warmer so you are able to maintain a consistent temperature.
- - GiGi Pre-Hon Pre-Epilation Cleansing Lotion with anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties to help protect the skin
- - GiGi Pre Epilating Oil to prepare the area prior to waxing and soothe the skin.
- - GiGi Post-Epilation Lotion to soothe after the service
- - Soft, disposal towels for application of cleansing lotion and oil.
- -GiGi Accu Edge Applicators
- - Scissors
- - Tweezers
- - Gloves
GiGi advises that the follow precautions apply to waxing clients:
- - To eliminate after wax redness, recommend that clients take an antacid 1-1/2
hours before the wax service. Do not wax over moles.
- - Do not wax clients that have the following condition: Sunburn, diabetes,
phlebitis, recent scar tissue, or other skin conditions.
- - Due to the side effects of increased sensitivity and irritation, it is not
recommended that you wax clients that are using Retin A, Accutane, Tetracycline
or Glycolic Acid.
- - Be aware that during pregnancy clients can experience increased water
- - During the 24-hour period following a waxing service, the client should avoid
hot baths, tanning beds, saunas or other heat treatments.
- Place collar on GiGi Warmer.
- Remove lid from container.
- Place container in warmer. Set dial to "H" for 15-25 minutes until a thick
consistency is achieved, then turn dial to "L" for the rest of the day.
- Cleanse area to be epilated with GiGi Pre-Hon Lotion. Pat dry with white tissue.
- Spray on GiGi Anesthetic Numbing Spray to temporarily numb the skin and take the sting out of waxing.
- Apply on a thin layer of GiGi Pre Epilating Oil.
- With spatula, apply a thick coat of wax at a 45 degree angle in direction of
- Allow wax to cool on skin until it becomes soft and pliable.
- Hold skin taut and pull off wax with one quick motion in opposite direction of
hair growth keeping hardened wax as close to the skin as possible. Never
reapply wax to epilated areas.
- Immediately apply firm pressure to epilated area with the cushion of your
fingers or palm of hand to calm skin.
- Apply GiGi Wax Off to remove any wax residue and to condition and refine pores.
- To maintain epilation results longer,smooth on GiGi Slow Grow for skin maintenance everyday after showering.